Do you believe in independent owned news? please help us keep the independent industry alive by contributing for as little as $1Contribute
Auckland’s Regional Public Health Service confirmed yesterday evening that a person diagnosed as having COVID-19 visited several places in the community before knowing they had symptoms of COVID-19. The person diagnosed went to a Les Mills gym in Takapuna, Countdown Supermarket in Milford and The Warehouse in Milford.
A spokesperson from Auckland’s Regional Public Health Service says that anyone who did attend the Les Mills Takapuna classes is considered a close contact and could be at a greater risk of becoming ‘unwell’.
“We are asking these people to stay at home and contact Healthline on 0800 358 5453 as soon as possible. Healthline will advise them on the steps they will need to take, including arranging to test,” said the spokesperson.
People who did attend at the gym around the same time as the case which was between 5:15 pm and 7 pm on September 9, and 9 am and 10:15 am on September 10, who were not in the same classes are considered as casual contacts.
Want your ad here? Advertise with thisquality
Auckland’s Regional Public Health Service says that even though they are casual contacts, they are considered at a lower risk of becoming unwell but are recommending that they call Healthline and arrange to have a one-off test. The casual contacts should keep a lookout for any symptoms of COVID-19, but they do not need to self-isolate unless they become unwell.
The Countdown Supermarket or at the Warehouse, when the case attended, is at lower-risk of transmission.
“The person was only in these stores for 15 minutes and did not have close contact with anyone else during the visits. While the person was infectious at the time, the risk to staff and other shoppers is considered low.”
The exact locations and time of the visits to each Les Mills, Countdown Supermarket and the Warehouse are under investigation. If people did scan the NZ COVID Tracer QR codes will have of receiving an alert within the next 24 hrs.
The locations and times are below:
* Countdown Milford, Milford, Auckland, Thursday September 10: 11.45 am – 12 noon
* The Warehouse Milford, Milford, Auckland, Thursday September 10: 11 am – 11.15 am
* Les Mills Takapuna, Takapuna, Auckland, Wednesday September 9: 5.30 pm RPM Sprint class and 6.15 pm Body Combat class
* Les Mills Takapuna, Takapuna, Auckland: Thursday September 10, 9.15 am Body Combat class
Auckland’s Regional Public Health Service is making sure advice is clear by:
* Be vigilant for the signs and symptoms of COVID-19. These can include one or more of the following: New or worsening cough – Sore throat – Runny nose – Temporary loss of smell – Fever – Difficulty breathing.
* Anyone experiencing any of these symptoms should stay at home, call Healthline (0800 358 5453) for advice and get tested as soon as possible.
* Practise good cough, sneeze and hand hygiene.
* Maintain safe physical distancing and use a face covering when out and about in places where you can’t, and on public transport.
* Use the NZ COVID Tracer app when out and about, or keep a manual record of your movements.
Find out more information about COVID-19:
Visit the Government Health website or Unite Against COVID-19 website.
Image courtesy: Google