Last Updated:- No Author? Please read our Author name suppression policy for more information by clicking here. Do you have a story? send newstips to [email protected]
Do you believe in independent owned news? please help us keep the independent industry alive by contributing for as little as $5 /moDonate
There are three new cases of COVID-19 to report today, one is in managed isolation, and there are 2 in the community.
Of the case in managed isolation, they arrived on 9 November from Los Angeles. They returned a positive test result at around day 3 of their stay in managed isolation and have been moved to Auckland’s quarantine facility.
Of the two new cases in the community, the first is connected to the November quarantine cluster. Case C is a close contact of Case B and tested positive for COVID-19 on 11 November.
The Case C met Case B for lunch in Wellington at the Little Penang restaurant on The Terrace on Friday afternoon. On developing symptoms, they have self-isolated at home and had a COVID-19 test.
Initially returning a negative result on day 3, they were moved to quarantine at the Grand Mercure in Wellington as a precaution on Tuesday. A second test yesterday resulted in a positive result.
Push notifications were sent out on Sunday for Little Penang The Terrance, visited by Case B and Case C. For anyone who did visit the restaurant between 1 pm and 4 pm on Friday should have a test if they feel symptomatic or have COVID-19 symptoms.
Household contacts for Case C are currently in isolation and have so far returned negative results.
All identified close contacts of the new case are currently isolating.
All contacts of Case B, other than Case C, have so far returned all negative results.
A new community case is being reported in Auckland, which the Ministry of Health is continuing to investigate where the exact source of transmission was.
The person became symptomatic on Monday 9 November. They were tested late on 10 November. They went to work at A – Z Collection on High Street from Sunday 8 November to Wednesday 11 November.
The case was confirmed early this morning, and they are being moved to the Auckland quarantine facility today.
“This is another very important reminder that if you are unwell with cold symptoms, you should get a test and stay at home until you have a negative test result,” said the Ministry of Health.
Auckland’s Regional Public Health will be interviewing the case today to identify further close and casual contacts, including time frames and when they were infectious; the Ministry of Health says that they believe they were infectious on Sunday 7 November.
The person lives alone and appears to have had not much contact with others, for instance, community outings. They have not visited any supermarkets during the period that they might have been infectious. The person is a student at AUT.
They have not been to any lectures or classes on campus since mid-October. There is no concern with any potential exposures on campus.
“At this time, as a high precautionary step we are asking people who may have visited A-Z Collections store on High St and the Vincent Residences at 106 Vincent Street between Saturday 7 November and today 12 November to isolate and get advice on being tested promptly even if asymptomatic, and stay isolated until you receive the results,” said the Ministry of Health.
Anyone who was in the Auckland area who has had cold or flu symptoms should get a test and stay home until they have a negative test result.
“There are details on the Auckland Regional Public Health website around current testing sites, and these will be further updated this afternoon,” said the Ministry of Health.
“Additional locations of interest will be identified and notified to the public as soon as possible, including any locations in the central city area where the case lives and works.”
“Auckland health officials are also working to provide additional testing in this central city area. The location of that additional testing will be available later today. Auckland health officials are also working to provide additional testing in this central city area. The location of that additional testing will be available later today.”
The Ministry is urgently working to trace the person’s movements over the past week to determine how they became infected. Genome testing of this case is underway to find further potential links to previous cases.
Two previously reported cases have now recovered. The total number of active COVID-19 cases is 53.
The total confirmed COVID-19 cases are now at 1,635. This is the number that the Ministry of Health reports to the World Health Organisation.
There is no one in the hospital with COVID-19 in New Zealand.
Laboratories yesterday processed 6,581 tests, bringing the total number of tested completed to date to 1,155,514.
There are now 2,349,900 users registered on NZ COVID Tracer app.
The app has recorded a total of 112,469,275 poster scans, and users have created a total of 4,667, 38 manual diary entries.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider donating today to support thisquality in producing trustworthy independent owned news.Donate now