- Receive confirmation as to whether or not personal information concerning you is being processed, and access your stored personal information, together with supplementary information.
- Receive a copy of personal information you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Request rectification of your personal information that is in our control.
- Request erasure of your personal information.
- Object to the processing of personal information by us.
- Request to restrict the processing of your personal information by us.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
If you wish to exercise any of the aforementioned rights or receive more information, please contact us using the details provided below:
- Device Information: We collect Personal Information from your device. Such information includes geolocation data, IP address, unique identifiers (e.g. MAC address and UUID) and other information which relates to your activity through the Site.
- When you voluntarily provide us with your personal details in order to register or contact us on our Site;
- When you use or access our Site in connection with your use of our services;
- From third-party providers, services, and public registers (for example, traffic analytics vendors).
- Communicating with you – sending you notices regarding our services, providing you with technical information and responding to any customer service issue you may have;
- To communicate with you and to keep you informed of our latest updates and services;
- To serve you advertisements when you use our Site;
- To market our websites and products;
- Conducting statistical and analytical purposes, intended to improve the Site.
- Hosting and operating our Site;
- Providing you with our services, including providing a personalized display of our Site;
- Storing and processing such information on our behalf;
- Serving you with advertisements and assist us in evaluating the success of our advertising campaigns and help us retarget any of our users;
- Providing you with marketing offers and promotional materials related to our Site and services;
- Performing research, technical diagnostics or analytics;
- Calling script libraries or font libraries automatically triggers a connection to the library operator. In theory, it is possible – but currently also unclear whether and, if so, for what purposes – that operators of corresponding libraries collect data.
How we safeguard your information:
Some videos, news articles, pages or publications posted to any @thisquality owned social media handles or websites may contain authorised signatures to indicate a partnership authority and authorisation – representing a payment or funding for certain projects.
Managed conversation platform (MCP) policy:
We embrace comments from active readers on our website and encourage all to join in. Please feel free to discuss issues and share your views, ideas and perspectives. Criticism is allowed given it is civil.
The comment section is a managed online conversation on our platform, not a public forum.
We reserve all right to reject comments, images or links that contain the following:
* Offensive materials.
* Illicit language which also includes the use of symbols — these may be not allowed provided that all symbols can be used unless a mediator employed by thisquality deems it to not be suitable, it will be removed.)
* Trolling or threats that may harm or affect another user — we reserve the right to reject comments we consider, including expectations, to be considered as falsehoods.
* Impersonation of an individual or organisation or is fraudulent, defamatory any person.
* Threats of being invasive with someone else’s privacy — this includes personal attacks.
* Supports or endorses disturbance, vigilantism or violation.
* Infringe on copyrights or trademarks including self-promoting.
* Violate the law or breach court-ordered suppressions or have the potential to breach future suppressions by government, courts or other appropriate enforcement agencies.
* Constitute a contempt of court or that contain details of cases and individuals before the courts.
* Violate our terms and conditions for our managed conversation platform for organic generated content made by users.
* Promote, advertise or solicit the sale of any goods or services.
* Nitpick other users’ grammar — this includes name-calling, insults, mocking the story subject titles abusing staff or contributors of thisqulaity.
(MCP) Our rights:
We retain the right and preference (but not an obligation) to edit, delete, reject or remove any comment which you post or attempt to post on our managed conversation platform.
When you post or attempt to post on our managed conversation platform, you allow us to have a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide licence to republish any material you submit to us, without limitation and in any format.
Please be aware that mediators employed by thisquality may contact you at any time by email in relation to your participation on our managed conversation platform, especially where an issue comes up in relation to the managed conversation platform policy.
Any advice they do give, request or make should be adhered to, as our mediators are employed to enforce the managed conversation platform policy and create a constructive environment for everyone who contributes.
We retain the right and preference to terminate your account if we believe you are abusing the managed conversation platform in any way shape or form and this includes any breaches you follow in the attempt — this includes users who breach the terms and conditions of thisquality.
If you post offensive comments or use offensive usernames, you will immediately be rejected or terminated from using the managed conversation platform at any given time without notice. You may not receive a notice stating you have been terminated, instead, you will be unable to use the managed conversation platform any-longer.
When you use our managed conversation platform you are consenting to thisquality collecting and storing your email and IP address for security purposes.
(MCP) Your obligations:
Adhering to the managed conversation platform policy stated above, you are not allowed to post any material that is:
- Not your unique work of which you own the copyright(s), or in any way that violates or infringes the copyright, identity, registered trademark or intellectual property preferences of another person or entity.
- Offensive, pornographic, vulgar, irreligious or otherwise of illegal measures.
- Racial or religious slanders or scandals, content that encourages violence or negativity, or is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disabilities not listed.
- Not misleading or convincing commitments that are aimed to promote your own agendas which forces it against another user.
- Not advertisements, promotions or in any way shape or form talking about trade or commerce, your own entity, products or goods and services.
(MCP) Governing law:
These terms and conditions shall be construed and applied in accordance with the laws of New Zealand, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts to determine any matter or dispute which arises under these terms and conditions in accordance with the laws of New Zealand.
You agree to completely reimburse and hold us thisquality (and other related third party entities, partners or contractors) harmless against any liabilities, claims, costs, loss (including consequential loss) or damage contracted as a result of any materials you post in the managed conversation platform, or as a result of any breach made by you of these terms and conditions defined.
We and or other related entities retain all right to consider the treatment of any defence to any claim brought against us, and of any proceeding or appeal issued by us, and you also agree to provide all reasonable cooperation which includes making relevant documents available that we may require from your in relation to any claim made by you, proceeding or in an appeal process.